Something Wierd

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Something Wierd
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 1997 06:52:34 -0500 (CDT)
You wrote:

>I thought I had a good one, a 67 Sprite for $500. In fact the owner
said
>he would sell it for $300 just to move it. There was rust in the
floor,
>but the body and engine were decent. Apparently, I asked too many
>questions; he said he was wasting his time on a tirekicker like
myself.
>When I countered by saying impatience made me think possible ripoff,
he
>said he was now going to turn the car into a planter. I would ask for
>flame, but that's just too immature.
>Thank you,
>-Bill-

I have bought many a $200 to $500 car and asked very few questions at
times of purchase. I find people who have to make multiple trips and
ask too many questions a little unnerving myself. I have a "pay your
quarter and take your chances" philosophy when purchasing (or for that
matter, selling) a car for $500 or less. If you want the car call the
guy up and tell him your on your way with $300 and a tow truck.
"Possible Ripoff" you say? The guy just knocked $200 off his asking
price. How can you possibly be getting ripped off? I guess I'd be
worried that this guy may take his family out for a few nice meals on
my $300 also (<sarcasism). Get a grip fella, either buy the car or
leave the guy alone.
Safety Fast,
David Deutsch