Small LBC Content -- Automotive Acronyms

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Small LBC Content -- Automotive Acronyms
From: Eardley Bryan <ewh.bryan@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 23:02:04 -0600 (MDT)
Richard D. Arnold gave us some acronyms.

Here is another one:

Lotus:  Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious

Wire wheels:

I recently had some wire wheels refurbished not from where I live, here in
the UK and was told that it is very important that the spinners are not
worn.  He recommended that I bought new ones as the old ones tend to
'spread' therefore not giving the support to the hub that new ones would.

I have a 1968 US spec GT which I have driven here in the UK for five years
as LHD.  It gives no trouble, except when entering a Car Park where I have
to get a ticket to get in, but as the car is fairly narrow, I just lean
across and take the ticket from the machine.

Last week I went with a group of other MG owners for a long weekend trip to
France.  It was great and my son enjoyed driving it on the right hand side
of the road, but the others soon got the hang of it in their RHD cars!
Eardley Bryan

3 Churchfield Crescent
Poole, Dorset,  BH15 2QS

ewh.bryan@ukonline.co.uk