Re: Shop Layout/Shop Tips

To: ch155@freenet.buffalo.edu, apfau@ismi.net
Subject: Re: Shop Layout/Shop Tips
From: JMerz140@aol.com
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 11:22:24 -0400 (EDT)
Alan,
I didn't set up a complete shop in the garage because the winters and summers
in St. Louis are too extreme but I did make certain changes to accommodate my
needs.  The garage doesn't have a separate electrical box but I was able to
add two circuits for it to the house panel.  One for lighting and one for the
outlets---20Amp each.  I installed the compressor in the basement on its own
240V circuit to keep it out of the humid air and free of paint dust which are
the two worst enemies of the tank and filters.  I used 3/4" galvanized pipe
to get the air out to the regulator on the garage wall where I can connect
the air lines for whatever.  The only inconvenience is that I have to bring
the various tools to the garage instead of having them close at hand.  But
the tradeoff is that I work on many projects other than the cars and the
tools are handy while working in the basement.  I set up an air outlet and
small regulator at the basement bench for my convenience there.  Good
planning to meet your personal preferences is the key.  Jim