66 MGB for sale

To: british-cars@Autox.Team.Net, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: 66 MGB for sale
From: rau@synopsys.com (Jerry Rau)
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 11:05:15 -0900
About 2 years ago, I posted my indecision about whether to sell my 66 MGB.
The indecision was based on the birth of my daughter and I just didn't
think I'd have time or occassion to drive the roadster. I got many replies
of the type..."if you sell it, you'll regret it in 10 years...I know I
did!" and an equal number "sounds like a great car...can I buy it?". So as
they say, "Indecision is the key to flexibility" ...so I just put it off.

So after 2 years of basicly just driving it because "I really ought to",
I've finally decided to sell it. I know I'll regret it in X years, but how
else will I convince my family of my future *need* for a Austin Heally 3000
or Jaguar XKE? (I can hear it already: "you already have a useless british
car...why do you need another".

So it is for sale:

1966 MGB Roadster  Black exterior / Red leather interior
California car located in SF Bay area.

Quick summary... It's almost entirely original (12 v battery just makes
sense today
for reliability, but it could easily be changed back to two 6 volters, and
an AM/FM/Cass of course)
chrome bumpered roadster in fine running condition. The paint could be in a
bit better shape, but the engine was
completely disassembled and re-built professionally (including new clutch)
approx 3k miles ago, so
compression is strong and it runs beautifully. Total miles approx  110K.
Also along the way, I've replaced the
leather / carpets, tires / rims, generator, water pump and antenna, and
recently had the brakes & windshield re-done. Oh
yeah, there's also a red tonneau, a black soft top (with original gray
bars!), and a black hardtop. I just renewed the registration and it passed
California's famous smog test easily with approx 4.5% CO. (I used a
colortune a year ago and haven't messed with the carbs since then.) There's
more to say, but I think you get the
gist. I've owned the car 10 years, and the PO had it 21 years, saving every
receipt along the way, so let me know any other requests for info.

Would like to get in the high $4k range. (but higher offers will be
cheerfully considered)

Send me email directly (rau@synopsys.com, rauj@ix.netcom.com) so I don't
miss it.

-jerry