Re: Longest Drives

To: felix_wong@alumni.stanford.org,
Subject: Re: Longest Drives
From: Spook37211@aol.com
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 15:42:08 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-09-23 01:14:02 EDT, felix_wong@alumni.stanford.org
writes:

<< Well my longest drive was a 1700-mile jaunt from Palo Alto->Death
 Valley->LA->Stockton->Palo Alto last March.  And of course, I drove Goldie
 my '69 MGB, as opposed to a fragile "modern" car, for this grueling 5-day
 journey!  The trip to Death Valley was particularly memorable, esp since
  I needed to get to the start of a 200-mile bicycle ride by 3:00 in the
 morning and was hence under some time pressure.

I'll bite........
The longest drive I've taken in a British car was from Austin, TX to Mobile,
Alabama (don't ask.....something about transporting minors across state lines
for nefarious purposes) and thence to Vail, Colorado (for the Tiger meet) and
on to San Francisco to drop my buddy off (HIS Tiger broke down in
Vail...haha...) and then back to Austin with an interesting young woman that
I met in SF.  She had never been to Texas, and it seemed like a good idea at
the time.....
All this not in an MG, but in a far more vicious (in more ways than one) car,
a Sunbeam Tiger.
Upon return, I discovered that my legs were parbroiled from the engine heat
and my hair looked as though it had been styled by 'Christophe
Windtunnel'......see, I sort of forgot to bring the hardtop, and real men
drive at Warp 12 with the top down at all times.....
Hmmmmm......
Come to think of it, I still do stuff like that......BUT I take one of the
MG's....less burning flesh smell....
Regards, Ray