Re: Corded Steering wheels

To: "Ross MacPherson" <arm@unix.infoserve.net>
Subject: Re: Corded Steering wheels
From: "John Swanland" <swanland@cato.wesley.vic.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 1997 19:56:46 +1000
My wheel is not the Brooklands style, it's an original
>factory type which, with it's wider spokes, may be a problem.  I'd like to
>know how this wheel was originaly finished too.  Mine is currently a
>severely scratched and chipped gloss black on the rim, hub and spokes with
>the original (?) chrome bezel in the center.

Hello Ross,
I have just recently purchased what I believe to be an  original TC wheel.
It sounds very much like yours (looks like chipped enamel).  I think the rim
is metal.  It has the 3 wide spokes with a large flat bezel in the middle
secured by three screws.  The clamp is on the top (facing the dash)

Does this help?
Does anyone know a place in Australia that can refurbish such a thing?

John Swanland
Melbourne Australia