Re: TC dampers (shock absorbers)

To: swanland@cato.wesley.vic.edu.au, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TC dampers (shock absorbers)
From: Spook37211@aol.com
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 1997 13:06:48 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-09-25 07:14:42 EDT, swanland@cato.wesley.vic.edu.au
writes:

<<
  After years of crappy bushes which fell out after a few miles, I purchased
 the Moss installation kit and some new bushes.  I expected everything to
 work beautifully!

 The first stage was a piece of cake, that is getting the bush into the eye
 end of the link using the "funnel" tool.  Try as I might, I can't press in
 the arm without damaging the bush and losing 25% of it in the process.  I
 used dishwashing liquid as lubricant.  I have read the instructions
 thoroughly.

 Has anyone got this tool to work?

 John Swanland
 M >>
John,
I've put in a lot of bushes into a lot of suspension arms of one type or
another....personally, I use Lemon Dawn to lube them prior to pressing them
into position.  Smells good, costs less than the Moss tool, and can be easily
used by anyone with a vise (or vice).
Ray