tc steering wheel

To: Ross MacPherson <arm@unix.infoserve.net>
Subject: tc steering wheel
From: John Swanland <swanland@cato.wesley.vic.edu.au>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 1997 10:08:47 +1000

>My research shows that what we both have is indeed the original style wheel.
>As I'm sure the entire thing is steel I suspect that refurbishing shouldn't
>require any more than a thorough sanding and a good paint job.  Do you see
>something I don't?

To me, it looks like an enamelling process was originally applied (at least
to the centre part).  Is your entirely steel?  Mine seems to have a steel
rim and spokes, but an alloy centre section  If that was the case, I
wouldn't have a clue how the spokes are attached to the centre.

regards
John Swanland
Melbourne Australia