Re: BBQ???

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: BBQ???
From: jello@dns.ida.net (Phil Bates)
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 1997 22:58:52 -0600
> ALl this talk of hi-powered MG's with V8's made me want to tell you about
> Georgre Goble and his unique hi-powered style of light a bbq. He uses
> liquid oxygen. check out
>
> <ghg.ecn.purdue.edu> for pics and mpegs
>
> This guy is nuts.
>
> Larry Macy
> 78 Midget >>
>
>And then there is the story of the guy who used a solid fuel missile for an
>APU for his Chevy.
>The Chevy took flight at around 250 knots..........
>Ray

I know George Goble, not well, but I know him from my days at Purdue.  He
almost revoked my computer privleges once.  Anyhow, he is not nuts!  As a
matter of fact he is a borderline applications genius.  For those that don't
know he made up a refrigerant R406a is the number I believe, that works as a
direct replacement for R-12, and is CFC free.  And he made it in a frying
pan in his kitchen.  It has now been approved for use in R-12 systems, and
they use 20% less refrigerant.  I know R-12 was making life hell for me for
a while, and I am happy to have guys like George around.

Phil Bates
58 MGA
67 MGB
75 Jaguar XJ12C