Re: help with shocks and bushings

To: Spook37211@aol.com, amesfolks@snovalley.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: help with shocks and bushings
From: Teacher122@aol.com
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 1997 20:03:52 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-09-26 16:36:18 EDT, Spook37211 writes:

<< n a message dated 97-09-26 01:33:04 EDT, Teacher122@aol.com writes:

 <<   >>
  I would  lube them with something so that they will slide in easier.
   Silicone does make rubber swell, so if you use it, make sure that you
   install the bushings soon afterwards.

 Guys,
 I think that it is important to note that the rubber bushings in a MGB front
suspension  is not designed to rotate after installation.  That is why the
proper was to install is to loosely install everything, let the car down onto
the wheels (or otherwise arrange that the suspension takes the full weight),
and then tighten everything up.  Failure to do this shortens the life of the
bushings dramatically.  When the bushings are installed properly in a bind,
they actually form part of the front suspensions resistance to movement and
vibration/oscillation  damping.  Lubrication, in the sense of making it
easier for the bush to move, is NOT recommended.
 Safety Fast!

 Regards, Ray >>

OK

Tom Green