Re: WooHoo! (was: can't get started)

To: ggraham@edcen.ehhs.cmich.edu (G Graham)
Subject: Re: WooHoo! (was: can't get started)
From: Nory@webtv.net (Nory)
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 1997 00:19:26 -0400
Sounds like your needle's now stuck in the open position.  There may be
a piece of debris stuck inside, preventing it from sealing, or it may
just be worn and just isn't seating right.  No, this doesn't necessarily
mean you need to rebuild the carbs, but you may need to spring for a new
needle - not expensive at all.

Do you have the Haynes manual for your car, or the SU carb manual?
These have instructions on adjusting the carbs.  I can snail mail a copy
of the applicable pages to you, but maybe someone else on the list has
the instructions and can scan them and send them to you much quicker.
If not, let me know and I can get them out to you - it'll take a few
days though.

-NORY
Don't assume that because you have found one problem, you have found the
ONLY problem.

 '74 Midget & '71 parts car
 '94 Ford Ranger
 '86 Ford Escort