Re: Mr Goodwrench Snake Oil

To: larry.g.unger@lmco.com
Subject: Re: Mr Goodwrench Snake Oil
From: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 1997 12:05:52 +0100
larry.g.unger@lmco.com wrote:

> Sounds interesting ... I'd like to know more about its composition.
>
> "... [T]he MGC engine was an abortion."  David Knowles, 25/9/97
YOU'D BETTER LEARN TO BE NICE OR I'LL START PICKING ON THE 'A' AGAIN!

Speaking of composition, they had the contents on the back of the
bottle. The first item was 'petroleum distillates' the second item
sounded slippery. The third item was a chemical compound that ended in
benzene. And the last item was kerosene. Maybe I'll borrow the bottle
and post the contents.

What I'd like to know is if GM made this stuff to make it easier for the
used car salesman to unload a few cars with noisy manuals!

Jury is out on what will harm ODs. Yes I got one. There is a wet clutch,
of course, and there is a pump sealed by o-rings. Naturally, the pump
has to pump and the o-rings will self-destruct if they swell. Oh swell.

I'm still leaning towards MTL if I can find it locally/cheaply. The 'C'
will need four quarts of the stuff. But this guy with the TR8 is
unusally excited about this GM stuff. Dunno yet.

--
Bob Allen, Kansas City, '69CGT, '75TR6, '61Elva(?)
"However, I must agree with Bob Allen" -- Larry Unger, Sept. 15, 1997