Re: Off-topic plastic chroming

To: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Subject: Re: Off-topic plastic chroming
From: mmcewen@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca (John McEwen)
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 10:43:17 -0500
The process is actually two different processes.  Some things are plated
using a graphite base as a conductor.  Other things are vacuum metallized
and then coated for protection.  This is the usual case with badges which
are plated on the reverse side with clear plastic on the surface.  The
vacuum metallized badges can be re-done with the careful use of paint.

The plastic-plated pieces can be re-plated and many companies offer this
service in Hemming's.

John McEwen