Re: Wrenches

To: mgs@autox.team.net, mowogmg@pil.net
Subject: Re: Wrenches
From: "Thomas James Pokrefke, III" <pokrefke@ocean.st.usm.edu>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 18:56:27 -0500
At [Mon, 29 Sep 1997 17:56:23 -0400]
Kai Radicke <mowogmg@pil.net> wrote:

> I am looking at this "new" wrench in the Sears ad...called the "Quick Wrench"
> Anyone use these?  Good/Bad?

Kai:

As the Home Improvement Manager for Sears #1306 (Hattiesburg, MS), I
feel that I am imminently qualified, and biased, enough to answer your
question.

The "Quick Wrench" design does indeed work.  There is a point where the
nut is loose enough and the wrench turns into a standard wrench.

The wrench is 30% longer than a standard wrench.  The equates to more
torque.

The design of the head ensures that the nut is gripped tightly.  I can
vouch for this as I had to help Dad remove some suspension bolts on his
'64 Dodge this weekend.

And of course, being a Craftsman, the tool is warranteed as long as you
own it.

Thomas James Pokrefke, III
1970 MGB
pokrefke@ocean.st.usm.edu