Re: LBC plastic chroming

To: "Scott Gardner" <gardner@lwcomm.com>
Subject: Re: LBC plastic chroming
From: Williams/MG Guy <mgguyc100@newedge.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 10:43:46 -0600 (MDT)
At 00:48 29/09/97 +0000, you wrote:
>Not directly related to LBCs, but has anyone ever had plastic bits
>chromed? (snip) Has anyone here had success
>with plating these bits?  Another option would be sanding them smooth
>and using one of those chrome spray paints, but I would prefer
>honest-to-goodness plating as a first choice.
>Scott

Scott!

>From the scale auto model aspect of my hobby - try: (with usual disclaimers)
Chrome-Tech USA
2314 Ravenswood Road
Madison, Wi 53711 (608)274-9811

Better yet - in Canada,

Louis Bernier
Chrome+
6443 boul. Galeries d'Anjou
Local #9
Anjou, Quebec
HiM 1W1 (514) 354-9121

I had the switch bezels for my MGs re-plated by Louis. An excellent result.
highly recommended. Simply (!) dis-assemble the switches (easier than you
think) and send the yellowed bezels or whathaveyou off, and in a coupla
weeks - perfect pieces!

Hope it helps,

Terry 'Shiney' Williams
'79 BGT