Re: Turn signal question(again)

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net, pbailey@qnet.com
Subject: Re: Turn signal question(again)
From: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 19:36:28 +0000
From: pat bailey

> My turn signals on my 79 B still don't work.The emergency flashers do
> work.  I have:
> 1 replaced the flasher
> 2 replaced the emergency flasher switch
> 3 replaced the turn signal switch on the steering column

> according to the wiring schematic there is an in line fuse somewhere
> does anyone know where this is located?

My diagram ("Late North American", no date) shows the No 2 fuse, the
green circuit, as feeding the turn signals.

Turn the ignition on and you should see 12v both sides of the turn
flasher.

If you do not then check the green wires at the hazard switch.  My
diagram shows two, one is from the fused ignition and the other is to
the turn flasher.  With the hazard switch off, you should see 12v at
both, but only on the feed with the switch on.

If you have no 12v at either green on the hazard switch there are
several connectors (four in my diagram) leading back to the fuse block,
but the tach and heater fan come off the last one with the turn signals,
so if these are working ...

If you have 12v at the turn flasher then move onto the turn switch.
With the switch one way (and the ignition still on) you should see 12v
on the green/white, and on the green/red the other way.  These wires
then connect up with the same coloured wires from the hazard switch at a
multi-way connector.

With the ignition off and the hazards on and flashing, you should see
flashing 12v at the green/red and green/white wires at the turn switch.

If both tests show 12v at the turn switch then the turn flasher is
probably at fault.

PaulH.