Discussion of using list to sell parts (was Re:Updated British parts 4 s

To: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Subject: Discussion of using list to sell parts (was Re:Updated British parts 4 sale list)
From: "Christopher G. Moog" <cgmoog@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 1997 11:16:57 -0400
Larry Macy wrote:

> At the risk of sounding a little me too-ish on this I have to agree. I
> like to see an occasional parts list from another enthusiast.

I agree and a short list of parts with prices is welcome as long as:

its not a business,
posters limit themselves to one such postings per year,
the subject line clearly states that the posting is a parts for sale posting,
no other LBC discussion takes place in that posting (so it can be deleted
without
reading)
the subject includes the type of vehicle the parts are for, e.g., FS Parts for
1973
Midget, 1977 MGB.

My biggest complaint is people not changing the subject line when new threads
are
started, or using irrelevant subject lines.

>kind

I seem to recall someone at one time suggesting that this is what the delete
key is
for when defending non-LBC threads.  I suggest use of the delete key is the
solution to private postings of parts your not interested in.  Again as long as
the
subject line makes sense and matches the thread and only non-business postings
are
made things should be OK.