Re: Rocker cover gasket

To: tsherman@tecinfo.com
Subject: Re: Rocker cover gasket
From: "Scott Gardner" <gardner@lwcomm.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 1997 01:06:23 +0000
> From:          "Tyson Sherman" <tsherman@tecinfo.com>
> Subject:       Rocker cover gasket
> Date:          Sat, 4 Oct 1997 00:29:32 -0500

> Is it necessary to use gasket sealer on the cork rocker
> cover gasket?  I'm having a tough time making it seal
> on my 76 B.  Thanks,
>
> Tyson Sherman
> <http://www.tecinfo.com/~tsherman/index.htm>

Tyson,
        I use some gasket adhesive on the cover side of my gasket, just
because the polished aluminum cover I have doesn't have a lip on it
to seat the gasket, so aligning it dry is a bear.  If you do end up
using some, I would advise you to just use sealant on the cover side
of the gasket, that way it will be easier to remove the goop when
you replace the gasket.  If you have the cover torqued down properly,
I would guess that any leakage through the head side of the gasket
might be the result of an imperfect surface on the head.
Scott
Scott Gardner
gardner@lwcomm.com
www.lwcomm.com/~gardner