Re: Monsoon in Phoenix? Yeah, right Was, C Roadster for Sale

To: bmc@syspac.com
Subject: Re: Monsoon in Phoenix? Yeah, right Was, C Roadster for Sale
From: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Date: Sat, 04 Oct 1997 12:47:08 +0100
bmc@syspac.com wrote:

> Robert until you have lived here you would not believe such a term as
> "Monsoon" would fit this local.  For a land that has only 7-8" of rain a
> year, everyone fails to mention the fact that it arrives in 6 to 7
> rainfalls.  Yes 1 to 2 inches at a time with no where to go and it
> floods the streets with water that's  quite deep.  As they have no storm
> sewers and the ground is so baked so hard it can not absorb much.  Its
> nothing to go out several hours after a rain and dig down on level
> ground only to find the water has only penetrated only 1 to 1.5 inches.
>
> "Yes its true, Dorothy."

Nope. Ain't buying it.

Born there in '56. Left in '79 to leave more room for the easterners.
Your 'monsoon' is 5 degrees less heat and 15 percent more humidity. You
may get a few moist dust storms. Yes, occasionally, some parts of the
valley will get an inch dumped on them and its enough to send the newies
out to stand by a flooded interesection.

Big deal. Here in Missouri we get 4 seasons and 35+ inches of all
flavors of precipitation.

I still like to visit in the winter. Which lasts about a month.
--
Bob Allen, Kansas City, '69CGT, '75TR6, '61Elva(?)