TD Engine Block Wanted

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TD Engine Block Wanted
From: dmeadow@juno.com
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 1997 12:04:59 -0500
I got one of those dreaded calls today from the machine shop.  I took my
TD block in to be hot tanked.  In the process the machine shop found a
welded crack that had previously been hidden by a generous application of
JB Weld and paint.  The JB Weld had been spread over the side of the
block in order to seal numerous pinholes that had been caused by the
welding.  Needless to say, I am broken hearted, particularly since I
thought that engine was pretty much the most solid thing I got when I
purchased what was a basket case. :-(((  It can be sealed with KW block
seal and more JB Weld, but I would rather have a good block.

Anybody got a spare TD block they are willing to part with?  It needs to
be the early block with the "banana shaped" coolant ports in the top.

I've got a good crank, all new pistons, etc., etc.  The block can't have
been bored out much, 'cause I have new 0.40 over pistons and I don't want
to buy another set.

I'd rather buy just a block, rather than the whole engine, since I
already have the materials to rebuild it.  However, if the price is right
I'll consider all options.

Any leads will be appreciated.

David Littlefield
Houston, TX