Re: Heater Unit (again)

To: Spencer Parks <jkc@esper.com>
Subject: Re: Heater Unit (again)
From: Mike Lishego <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 1997 23:08:57 -0700
Spencer,
        I checked the Haynes manual, and I'm not really sure you can remove the
cover
of the heater unit.  I could be wrong, but for the latest model, there is no
mention
of a cover; only how to remove the heater fan.  It _looks_ like you'd have to
remove
the whole unit, which should unbolt and remove by pulling upwards.  You might
want
to check behind your console, since there may be some retaining screws under
there.
When I pulled mine from a '77, it was rusted to the car body and required a
solid
beating with a rubber mallet to free it.  If you need a heater core, let me
know...
--
Michael S. Lishego
St. Andrews Presbyterian College