Hunt Country Classic Show/A great day

To: MG list server group <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Hunt Country Classic Show/A great day
From: Michael Eaton <eatons@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 00:07:43 -0500
I am a list lurker (via digest version) due to a very low capacity mac
and the inability to get to mail on a regular basis.  Of course the $$$$
and time spent on LBCs contribute to the above excuses.  Anyway, I
thought I'd write on a couple of matters.

The encounter with a porsche.... I was driving the MKII home at 10:30pm
Sat. night on the capital beltway around Wash. DC.  It was a beautiful
crisp evening (appx. 55 degrees) and of course the top was DOWN.  Lo and
behold, entering on an on-ramp is an bathtub porsche convertible (with
top up)!  We drove for a bit together until our ways parted, what good
fun!

The other part....Where I was coming from at 10:30pm... Stuffing show
packets for the 2nd annual Hunt Country Classic set for OCTOBER 19, 1997
in Middleburg, VA.  The show is put on by the Washington Chapter of the
MGCC.  Approximately 140 cars are registered, mostly MGs!!  It will be a
great chance to come out and see a great show still in its infancy and
help make it into an annual must do!  The setting couldn't be nicer,
the VA hunt country estate of Bill Scott (owner of Summit Point
Raceway!).  A gread opportunity to take in cars, fall folliage, and the
VA hunt country.  Hope you can make it!

Michael Eaton