RE: PR5 prototype, was Never seen MG

To: Paul.Kile@Aerojet.com
Subject: RE: PR5 prototype, was Never seen MG
From: David Knowles <dknowles@uk.b-r.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 1997 09:24:00 +0100
Bless you - the cheque is in the post. A friend of my wife asked if it
was true we were having the carpenters in - to make the door frame
bigger, if you get my drift.

PR5 is certainly a stunner - I was shown it two years ago during a visit
to Gaydon (not the museum, but the engineering HQ next door) to
interview Don Wyatt (profiled in the book) and I was gobsmacked at how
stunning it was. Here, I knew, was the source of all those "leaks" and
"scoop stories" about new Austin-Healeys. I also saw the wire-frame
model of "Adventurer".

On the subject of future MG's, I recently interviewed Gerry McGovern,
Chief Designer of the MGF, and the interview itself will be in issue two
of MG World, along with a competition to design a new MG for the year
2000. It would be nice to have plenty of entries from around the world -
the nice Mr. Raby will I am sure provide you with details of the
magazine and competition when ready.