Re: Double the message

To: mgs4dave@warwick.net
Subject: Re: Double the message
From: Carol <car@texas.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 17:19:18 -0500
Dave, at about noon on 10/16/97 I wrote, BUT forgot to send....

Re: double messages

In all cases of my receiving double messages in the last week or so I have
noticed the following:

1. The responder is replying to all which includes the list and the
original sender. If I write a message to Art via the list, and Art replies
using the "all" option in his mailer, I get the copy to me and the copy
that goes to the list. If the original sender is NOT subscribed to the
list, he/she will only receive the message with his/her name on it...Kapiche?

2. Several messages have actually been posted twice, but they had different
times.... like somebody sent them twice.

In either case, I have not been inundated with duplicate messages... only
the "logical" ones...

Wonder where this is coming from...

Am I confusing anybody yet? This is still the MG list, right??

Carol

The example you sent me  below falls into #1 above... its' supposed to work
thata' way...!