Re: (NoMG) Summary of ForSale, TreeHuggers, List Rules

To: Kai Radicke <mowogmg@pil.net>
Subject: Re: (NoMG) Summary of ForSale, TreeHuggers, List Rules
From: Gregory Kirk <gkirk@empirenet.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 15:52:25 -0700
You think you're getting too much e-mail?  There are methods for
dealting with this.... a) get the lists in digest form, or b) reduce the
number of lists you are on. c) hire someone to edit the lists and just
select the posts you are interested in.  OK so "c" is far beyond the
means of most of us.

A list lives or dies by it's active memebers.  The general concensus on
commercial posts/for sale has pretty much been reached, so lets stop
flogging a dead horse here( Adult content humour: or we'll all have to
get into bestaility, sadism and necrophilia)

Politics/tree huggers.  I made my position on political posts known a
while back.  I'll continue to do so via private e-mail as I see a need.
Politics is just too likely a place for flame wars to start, it's best
avoided, unless your delaing with a specific auto related issue, a good
example being the SB42 posts.  But if you're just going to go out and
trash someone else's political beleifs, please do it off the list.  [For
the record I'm a modeate leftist, candian, and a resident alien in the
US, flame away :)

Abbreviations in the topic lines: nice idea, but if you have more than
three or  four, no one will remember them, and I don't think most of us
are going to make up and keep beside out monitors a little reminder card
on what the "approved list of topic abbreviations are.  For the most
part the subjects as posted are pretty clear.  If you're so busy you
need to be able to automatically process your mail through title
content, drop a list or two, you're getting too much mail, period., or
impelment olutin c) above, but don't whine to the list about how they
won't do what you want them to do, and how you want them to do it.  If
you are to busy to filter through the messages, don't expect 100 or so
list members to do it for you.

Greg
62 MG Midget <-- Obligatory LBC content ;)

P.S. when I'm sdrving the midget, does that make me LBC content?  You
betcha.. contented to the max..

back to the cars... I hope...