(NoMG) Dealing with Email...

To: Gregory Kirk <gkirk@empirenet.com>
Subject: (NoMG) Dealing with Email...
From: Kai Radicke <mowogmg@pil.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 19:29:18 -0400
>You think you're getting too much e-mail?  There are methods for
>dealting with this.... a) get the lists in digest form, or b) reduce the
>number of lists you are on. c) hire someone to edit the lists and just
>select the posts you are interested in.  OK so "c" is far beyond the
>means of most of us.

It isn't that I get alot of email (I can deal with 550 messages a day) it
is the amount of non relevant stuff in that number...that makes it
aggravating.

a) as Trevor has said, Digest aren't that much good. Out of the 9 lists I
am on 2 are digests, and 5 aren't offered in Digest form.

b) I can't reduce, I'm addicted to them :-)
c) hire assistant, only if Trevor volunteers ;-)

>A list lives or dies by it's active memebers.

Quite true, I think this list took its most dramatic course when David
Deutsch was flamed and DD cut back on his postings...

>flogging a dead horse here( Adult content humour: or we'll all have to
>get into bestaility, sadism and necrophilia)

Hey I'm a minor, and so are quite a few other members!  Watch it...!

>trash someone else's political beleifs, please do it off the list.  [For
>the record I'm a modeate leftist, candian, and a resident alien in the
>US, flame away :)

Just for the record also, I'm German born.  And I have dual citizenship in
the US and Germany. :)  (sorry had to put this in, much to much confusion
about it)

>Abbreviations in the topic lines: nice idea, but if you have more than
>three or  four, no one will remember them, and I don't think most of us
>are going to make up and keep beside out monitors a little reminder card
>on what the "approved list of topic abbreviations are.

Not quite the idea I tried to put across.  I just wanted people to make the
subject line relevant to the content in the message...so if it were TD put
TD or something similar in the subject, it is quite simple.

KMR

Kai Radicke -- mowogmg@pil.net, 1966 MGB @ http://www.pil.net/~mowogmg
Dialogue Internet - Intelligent Internet Solutions (Net Khan)

IRC: irc.voicenet.com, #inet-access (my nick: ActiveX or KMR)