The squeal is history (I hope)

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: The squeal is history (I hope)
From: bk996@freenet.carleton.ca (Eric R. Stephen)
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 1997 13:43:31 -0400 (EDT)
***********************************
Thanks to Kai, George, Barney and Susan for your replies.  Popped the hood
and turned her over.  Right away I could see that at least one fan blade
was out of position.  Bent it back in and in the process found that the
fan unit seemed to move somewhat.  Loosened off the rad and whiouldn't you
know it, threeof the four bolts holding the fan on were loose.  Tightened
them up, secured the rad and went for a spin ~10 miles.  No more squeal!!
I hope that was it.  Perhaps I was just a little too rushed (read
careless) putting the car back together after the engine pull.  Terri and
I are off again soon to put some serious top down miles on this beauty
this afternoon.  The "weather gods" have blessed us with yet another sunny
and warm fall day for a tour.

Cheers all,

--
         ' ' '          Great is the truth and mighty above all things;
      (  o   o )        It endureth and is always strong;