[NON-MG] Pretend list moderators delete

To: "Larry Dickstein" <bugide@juno.com>, <tboicey@brit.ca>
Subject: [NON-MG] Pretend list moderators delete
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 97 18:37:06 -0400
On 10/17/97 11:45 PM so and so  Larry Dickstein said. (And I quote)

>I thought that Nory had a reasonable suggestion.  Is she not one of the
>"quality" people?
>
>Larry Dickstein
>bugide@juno.com

I think we spend more bandwidth on whom is correct and whom incorrect on
what to post on this list than on what the list is all about. If Trevor
and Kai would Shut up for a minute and not post there objections to the
threads on this list we could save 20 - 30 posts a day. 'cuz they both
feel they have to have a say. To quote Jerry Seinfeld "Not that there's
anything wrong with that". Then somebody reacts and we are off on another
tangent. It seems to me that they, and others, myself included, would not
react to statements that start a thread i.e. Zappa, cats, music (although
that was semi-MG related) we wouldn't have this problem. We, recently
seem to be spending more time on "Re:'For Sale' items, non-LBC
content,etc..." than on the real reason we are here MG's. IF people would
just let the post they find objectionable slide and not start another
"let's only talk about MG's and nothing else" thread. I could do that. I
have started a few stupid threads, i.e. the Spam thread, and it died in a
few days 'cuz the people that wanted to comment had their say and didn't
"bomb" the list. I respect Larry Dickstein (as quoted above) 'cuz he
seems to be very knowledgeable about MG's). I do not respect people that
hammer this list with "you shouldn't have done this or that or said this
or that". And whenever somebody says this or that somebody else says you
shouldn't have said this or that. And then somebody else comes along and
complains that there is this or that. I think that a few people like to
start these kinds of threads just to see what happens. I see this kind of
BS all the time and I just walk away. MJB has started a new list for
other MG owners and I applaud that. But It was only started 'cuz of the
threads accusing me, and others and spending a lot of bandwidth on
reaction.

LEAVE IT ALONE
THEY JUST WANT A REACTION

Rant mode off.

Larry Macy
78 Midget

PLEASE Flame me privately - this is NOT a list item. Thank you, larry