Re: looking for a good dash (board that is)

To: tsherman@tecinfo.com
Subject: Re: looking for a good dash (board that is)
From: "Scott Gardner" <gardner@lwcomm.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 1997 02:55:24 +0000
> Enrique,
>
> I'm sure they all come from the same place.
> Talk to the guy at NW (I'm sure it's the same
> guy all the time, Peter).  He can tell you
> if they are made in the UK or not.  Beware that
> it's very labor-intensive and coverlays don't
> look *that* bad.
>
> Tyson

Ditto on the quality/looks of the coverlays.  If your cracks are
limited to the top of the dash, I'd go with the coverlay in a
heartbeat.  I didn't even realize my car had one when I bought it.
It was only when I was applying protectant and felt the ridge under
the dash overhang that I realized it.  Keep in mind that you may need
to lengthen the LTD post on the dash to keep your tonneau cover from
popping off if you go the coverlay route.  Some people have needed
to, others haven't.  Mine used to pop off until I replaced the LTD
fastener on the cover.  The new on grips tightly enough to keep it
secure.
Scott