Re: My 'brake'

To: mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu
Subject: Re: My 'brake'
From: "Scott Gardner" <gardner@lwcomm.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 01:01:35 +0000
> Hello,
>       Well, I went home to do two things with my MGB, and neither was
>accomplished.
>  First, I wanted to drive that baby at least once before Xmas, but didn't get
>to.  I
> finally finished my front end rebuild and wire wheel swap.  I replaced my bad
>water
> pump with another one that was also bad.  The pump had a hole in the bottom
>by the
> pulley that I could only assume was for lubrication.  Water poured out of
>this
> orifice, so I plugged it with a bolt goobed with JB weld.  Grapes (of wrath)
>anyone?
>  What is the life expectancy of a water pump that sits alot?  Would it be
>worthwile
> to buy a lifetime warranty water pump?

<<SNIP>>

> Michael S. Lishego
> St. Andrews Presbyterian College
> Elementary Education Major,
> English Minor, Class of 1999
> R.A. of Winston-Salem Hall
Michael,
        If that hole in the bottom of the pump is what I'm thinking, it's a
"tattle tale" hole that will only leak if there is excessive wear or
damage to the internals of the pump.  I wouldn't try to cross the
Sahara with it anytime soon.  Buy a new one,  and get the lifetime
warranty.  If it has moving parts, it will break, sooner or later,
and you may as well get a free one when it does.
Scott
Scott Gardner
gardner@lwcomm.com
www.lwcomm.com/~gardner