RE: '80 mgb windshield washer

To: mgs <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: '80 mgb windshield washer
From: "REICHLE, CHRISTOPHER" <CREICHLE@nsc.msmail.miami.edu>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 15:15:00 -0700 (PDT)
Losen the nut on the steering wheel and grabbing it at 11:00 and 1:00 pull
and push violently back and forth (almost like shaking it firmly) and it
will pop off. I tried using a puller and several other methods to the point
of bending the old wheel and in a fit of frustrated rage discovered this way
of doing it. I can get a steering wheel off in about 15 seconds this way. I
think it is a tapered sleeve on the mounting bolt and once it has been
tightenes down you can't really get it off with a puller. Rocking it though
seems to work it back off the mounting bolt.

Chris Reichle
creichle@nsc.msmail.miami.edu