Can I peek under your bonnet?

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Can I peek under your bonnet?
From: "Scott Gardner" <gardner@lwcomm.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 1997 20:40:47 +0000
Is there anyone on the list within an hour's drive or so from
Pensacola, FL that would let me look at a pair of installed SUs?  The
BPO of my particular car brought me the original HIF-4 carbs, along
with the heat shield, linkages, filters, and manifold.  I'm pretty
sure everything's there, but I'm not sure what a few of the
parts/pipes are.  I'm planning on getting the SU book before I have
them rebuilt and put them back on the car, but I suspect the SU book
won't cover the linkage, since that probably varies from car to car.
In particular, I've found where the choke and accelerator cables
attach to the carb, I'm just not sure HOW they attach to the shafts.
Also, does the bracket that the cables pass through attach to the
manifold?  by "bracket", I'm talking about the metal piece that the
inner cables pass through, but the outer cables won't, so that the
cables have something to "pull against" to rotate the shafts.
        If someone close by can help me out, I'll bring the beer. (Or at
least what will fit in the saddlebags on the bike!)
Scott
Scott Gardner
gardner@lwcomm.com
www.lwcomm.com/~gardner