Re: engine considerations - Time?

To: danray@bluegrass.net, kelsey@value.net, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: engine considerations - Time?
From: Teacher122@aol.com
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 21:51:38 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-10-24 04:07:57 EDT, danray@bluegrass.net (DANIEL RAY)
writes:

<<
 Listers:
 What's the average time for a B engine rebuild? I know there are lots of
variables here, but for a good, "I've never done this before", take your time
and do it right but don't dawdle rebuild, how many "man-hours" er...,
"person-hours" ;) are we talking here? Rough estimate?
 Lik >>
Dan,
     My experience is  about one full day for engine pulling and disassembly.
 And, a couple of full days for reassembly and reinsertion.  Have plenty of
1/2" 9/16"  & 7/16" wrenches and sockets handy.
Tom Green
1979 MGB