RE: AA and RAC Badges, SU Choke setup

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: AA and RAC Badges, SU Choke setup
From: patti morris <mgj2@globaldialog.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 20:45:33 -0500
Hi Roger,

I saaw an ad for old, used AA badges in the Triple C Motor Accessories
catalog. They are at 1900 Orange St., York, PA 17404  1-888-854-4081. They
price these at $39.95 Grill type and $49.95 for the badge bar type. They
don't say how old they are just that they are old.

They also show a RAC badge but it looks to be newly made for $29.95.

The choke linkage is pretty simple on the A. There is an adjustable link
("L" shaped wire) that you can adjust so both of the brass jet levers move
at the same time when you pull the choke cable. The cable itself routes
down from the top. There should be a bracket that attaches to the intake
manifold that acts as a stop for the cable housing. The cable attaches to
one of the jet levers near the link I mentioned.

There is also a fast idle cam that rotates around as the jet levers are
pulled up. There are three holes in the cam. My car has a formed connecting
wire in the lower hole (marked "1") on the cam. The bottom end of the wire
 attaches to the front jet lever. When the car is all warmed up and
idling, Iturn the fast idle screw down until it touches the cam and then
back it off maybe 1/2 turn.

Make sure you are getting full travel when you pull the choke knob. Could
be the cable is sticky or the travel is limited by something like a
non-original knob and cable end thingy (I know, it's not a techincal term
but I give up trying to name it).The thingy is the part that attaches the
cable to the dash. My '57 has 2" of travel which is limited internally by
the aforementioned thingy.

Mine is working and is original so if this doesn't help let me know and
I'll go out and look at whatever detail you need. Please don't hesitate to
wirte if you need the correct technical names of other parts.

Hope this helps!

John Morris