Damper cap loosening....

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Damper cap loosening....
From: richard.arnold@juno.com (Richard D. Arnold)
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 13:25:21 EST
In re: Damper Cap loosening....

Back before I saw the light, I owned a Tr***ph and the cap loosened on it
regularly.  I replaced the washer and it didn't help; if I had thought of
it then, I would have wrapped it with teflon tape as suggested already.
What I did was take my scribe and 'pick up' the metal around the damper
neck (where the washer rides) a fraction or so, and did the same with the
cap.  It provided just enough of a grip so that the cap stayed put.  Just
FWIW....

Rich