Stripped Oil Pan bolt

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Stripped Oil Pan bolt
From: thomas_pokrefke@juno.com
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 1997 19:04:08 -0600
I'm surprised that Bob Allen dropped the ball with his reply for the
stripped oil pan bolt.  I guess that just goes to show what happens when
you turn into an Old Fart.

If the vehicle was my car and was daily driven, I would take a one and a
half inch long bolt that has a diameter small enough to fit through
through the hole.  I would put a washer on the bolt and slide the bolt
through the appropriate holes in the oil pan and engine block.  Then, I
would slide a washer and nut over the end of the bolt and tighten
securely.  This advice is from an admitted Young Fart.

Of course, it is your car:  feel free to pull the engine to tap out the
hole.  This one bolt is hardly a critical application and if you can
resist the stares of the purists, more power to you.

Just my $.02

Thomas James Pokrekfe, III
1970 MGB
1996 Nissan Pathfinder ?