Re: Alternatives to TC Air cleaner

To: Dave Ahrendt <ahrendt@agfa.com>
Subject: Re: Alternatives to TC Air cleaner
From: "Parsons, Lindsey" <lparsons@shell.monmouth.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 15:18:06 -0500
Dave,

I have found the following system very satisfactory: We purchased a
sheet of off road motorcycle air cleaner material. We then encased this
material in a cylindrical "cage" we shaped out of wire . This cage
assembly was formed by rapping the filter material around an inner wire
cylinder made by soldered together a rectangle of wire mesh forming the
cylinder. The filter material is held in place with an outer wire
cylinder made in like manner. The filter assembly is then lightly oiled
and inserted into the TC air cleaner canister. It not only has the
original "works" look, but it also is a very efficient air filter.

Happy motoring,
Lindsey Parsons  1948 TC #4771