Re: MGB Roadster?

To: chris@thames-language.demon.co.uk
Subject: Re: MGB Roadster?
From: miker15@juno.com
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 1997 19:08:57 EST
On Thu, 30 Oct 1997 15:57:41 +0000 Chris Davies
<chris@thames-language.demon.co.uk> writes:
>        Hi MG nuts,
>
>                I was on my way to work the other day, and started
>thinking about the strangest thing. Has anyone ever converted a BGT to
>roadster? I know the windows, axle and (oviously) the back seat won't
>fit, but does everything else? I'm not planning to do it myself (the
>body on mine is pretty good when you think how old it is and what the
>weather here in Britain is like), but I'd be interested if anyone else
>has.
>Cheers,
>        Chris Davies                                            67
>MGBGT

I saw a "conversion" in England a few years ago - it was not especially
attractive,
the "convertor" had removed the roof/hatch and put in a boot assembly
with all
attendant panels - he did not however change the windscreen which as a
resutl looked
incongruously large and the top was a custom job which looked more like a
beetle
top than a B (lined and the like with a very small window)
The car had every concievable joint welded and fared in so it was much
smoother
than the average B and was painted in a "screaming' yellow
Not really a B at all.....
Never seen one this side of the briny

mike robson
69 roadster