Re: Body work

To: jkc@esper.com
Subject: Re: Body work
From: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 1997 20:18:35 +0000
From:  Spencer Parks

> ... I've begun preping the body and have found a few things that need
> to be done.  Most notably are the metal strips that run from the top
> of the tail light and terminate at the back of the cockpit; also the >
> same strips that join the quarter panels to the body.  The quarter
> panel strips I'm sure I can do.
> The ones in the rear have me a bit confused.  Has anyone replaced >
> these and if so would you send me a bit of guidence.

These extend down between the rear apron and the wing and are
spot-welded through.  I had to replace a section at the rear as it had
rusted out.  I hacksawed down vertically between the apron and wing
cutting out the bad part of the seam, then slotted in a new section and
welded it from underneath.  After painting you really can't see the
joins.

PaulH.