Re: MGF anyone?

To: philip.raby@eos-magazine.com (Philip Raby)
Subject: Re: MGF anyone?
From: Nory@webtv.net (Nory)
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 1997 00:57:21 -0500
Philip,

The MGF may be a nicer ride, but it just doesn't seem to have the visual
appeal as the RV8.  I may be pickier than most people (the former art
student in me), but, to me,  with the "F" they just created another
Jellybean-on-steroids bubble-mobile car that looks so similar to
everything else on the road, and nothing like an MG (similar to what
Ford did to the Mustang, what Pontiac did to the LeMans, etc., etc.);
like it was a effort to do what everyone else is doing, rather than
something innovative.  It may have the sports car ride, but not the
sports car looks.

The RV8 looked more like an MG sports car, and it was dramatically
different than anything currently riding on American roads.  It looks
more streamlined; "sporty" rather than "bubbly".  I bet they would have
sold like hotcakes here had they made them for the American market.

I can't speak for the rest of the American sports-car-buying public, but
there isn't a modern car in this country that I would spend my money on
(hasn't been one since the '89 Probe, which, BTW, Ford changed to
another bubble-car and wrecked another great looking design).  Now,
something that looks like the RV8...... well, I can dream, can't I?

Just my $.02 FWIW

-NORY
Don't assume that because you have found one problem, you have found the
ONLY problem.

 '74 Midget & '71 parts car
 '94 Ford Ranger
 '86 Ford Escort