Re: SU carb

To: MG List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: SU carb
From: Eric Zambori <eaz@snet.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 1997 07:39:30 -0800
I have HIF's and I simply replace the throttle disks with plain ones
that did not have the valve in it.  The problem is, my original disks
had a notch cut into the bottom of them in order to clear a tiny tube
that sticks up from the bottom of the venturi.  I tried to cut notches
in the new throttle disks but I had a hard time making accurate cuts.  I
still have some trouble getting the carbs to run smoothly at idle and I
think it's because the notches I cut weren't precise enough.  Does
anyone know if plain disks are available with this notch precut from the
factory.  If son where can I get them?

THANKS
Eric Zambori