Re: MGB Website / Update on car info

Subject: Re: MGB Website / Update on car info
From: "White, Richard H." <White@courier3.aero.org>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 1997 07:48:00 -0800
A web site with all known "other" MG web sites would be of great value.

Second:  spark, gas and compression, it should run.  I like going to the Pick-
U-Part junk yards and sticking a couple Bosch relays in the toolbox.  Hose
clamps, nuts, bolts, trim screws, etc.

I've been doing a lot of thinking, and have been racking my brains out on
if I should do this, but I've decided to begin working on a MGB specific
web page. There's so much good information, and a lot of technical
information out there, and many good pages, so I've decided to throw mine
into the fray. I had a spare Internet account with web space available, so
I think I may devote that to my MG page.

The relevant questions:

Does anyone feel that there's a need for something like this?
Would anyone like to contribute to a "tech info" section?
Is there a MGB FAQ?
Am I crazy? Should I see a shrink? Am I being pompous? =)

---

Second:

My mechanic started looking at the car today. I found that the back quarter
of the car is bondo - the paint is starting to crack, but it's smooth, no
lumps or waves. It looks like a professional did it. When it comes time to
paint the car, should I just sand off the paint, touch up the bondo, and
paint away? Is there any way to stop the paint from cracking?

As to why it won't start, well, we haven't figured it out yet. The wiring
in the car is a mess, so we've got to go through and straighten everything
up & go wild with wire ties. David seems to believe that the two relays for
the ignition may be bad. Is there a cheap source for these? Don't have to
be new, but cheap! =)

I went over the interior today, using some STP Cleaner/Degreaser and STP
"Son of a Gun" Protectant. WOW. What a difference. All the plastic and
vinyl SHINES like new now. After I get the mechanics of the car settled,
I'm going to "convert" from tan to black interior.

Now I know how you all feel when you work on these cars! I'm on cloud nine!
I've looked at many MGB's locally, but none have all the character that
this one has. David, you steered me right on this one! =)

Kudos to all the listers, expecially David, Tyson, Larry, and Rick - you've
all been a great help, and I'm proud to consider you friends!

BEN RUSET - http://www.monmouth.com/~bruset
78 MGB Roadster - 89 Mercury Cougar
"If you gaze for a long time into an abyss,
 the abyss gazes also into you." - F.W. Nietzsche