Re: Short porting, Idle vs timing.

To: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Subject: Re: Short porting, Idle vs timing.
From: Simon Matthews <simon_matthews@avanticorp.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 1997 09:50:00 -0800
At 08:08 AM 11/6/97 -0600, Robert Allen wrote:
>With our old engines, some amount of turbulence is good to keep the gas
>suspended in the air flow. Imagine the fuel charge rolling down the intakes
>like a tumbleweed. That is a good thing -- to a point -- to keep the mixture
>mixed.

Seriously, I was told or read that this is what really happens: as you move
to high flow rates, the petrol tends to stick to the sides of the pipes
instead of being mixed with the air. This is why carbs have accellerator
pumps (or in the case of SUs, the damper) -- to compensate for the
temporary lack of fuel as it starts running down the walls of the pipes.

Regards,
     Simon
---
Simon Matthews      Avant! Corporation