Re: Trailer from an MGA

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Trailer from an MGA
From: Ross MacPherson <arm@unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 1997 18:19:01 -0800
At 08:00 PM 11/4/97 EST, Rich wrote:

>I seen one made out a rubber bumpered MGB tooling around up in Rochester,
>MN, a few months ago.  The owner had painted it the same as the B it was
>being pulled by and it matched nicely, right down to the luggage racks in
>place on both deck lids, The owner had also fabricated a small open rack
>at the front of the trailer where he had installed two jerry cans for
>fuel.  I was impressed by his ingenuity.
>
>Well, that's my $.02 worth.
>
>Rich

At last years Vancouver All Brit meet there was a beautiful little white
over powder blue Metropolitan with a matching trailer built from the south
half of a north bound Met.  The finish was near perfect, the leading edges
were nicely rounded to match the shape of the car.  The trailer had a
locking trunk and the portion of the passenger compartment still
incorporated into the top of the trailer was covered with a custom tonneau.
It was a work of art.

I think an MG trailer along the same lines is a great idea!  I'll put it on
my list of projects.

Cheers,
  Ross MacPherson
 1947 MG-TC 3528