Re: Engine Vibration

To: TFoley@gecits.GE.com (Foley, Tim (CAP, ITS, US))
Subject: Re: Engine Vibration
From: Nory@webtv.net (Nory)
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 1997 01:42:19 -0500
        ".. recommend the grose jets?"

Grose jets are great, until they break.  I had one fail on me this year.
Tech advisor in the club didn't believe me until he checked the thing
out himself, so I'm guessing they don't fail all that often.  He's seen
them get momentarily stuck, but never had one simply not seal.  There
was no dirt or anything in it, and the ball went up and down just fine,
but it wouldn't stop the fuel flow.  Replaced it, and haven't had a
problem since.  I've always heard good things about grose jets, but
since that experience, I'd say the important thing, whether you go with
the grose jets or the needle valves, is to buy extras to have a spare or
two handy.  You'll need it sooner or later, and they're cheap enough.

-NORY
Don't assume that because you have found one problem, you have found the
ONLY problem.

 '74 Midget & '71 parts car
 '94 Ford Ranger
 '86 Ford Escort