NEW OWNER.

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: NEW OWNER.
From: stuart farmer <k7wf@tdn.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 1997 19:12:28 -0800
Hello to the list, from a new MG owner. Three months ago
I purchased a 1979 MGB which had been looking for a good home
for many moons. It runs...not too well....but I have been introduced
to Moss Motors, so I am expecting to have it looking and
running great in a few months time. It is maroon with tan interior,
I'm not certain if those are the correct names for the colours.
This is the second MG I have owned. The first was a 1939 model TB,
in which my wife and I went on our honeymoon to Bournemouth in 1953.
This was when we both lived in Wales, UK.  Unfortunately we
sold the TB when we moved to the States to live in 1957 and we
have regretted it ever since. (not the move, the selling) We love
it here in the State of Washington.
Now that our kids are grown and have left the nest we have
"Little Midge" to take care of and spend our money on. I hope
we will be welcome on the list as I'm sure I will have questions
as I try to get this LBC into better shape.
I may have a few answers also as I served a five year apprenticeship
in a garage in Wales (1947-52) and two years in REME workshops as a
Mechanic. (REME = Royal Electrical Mechanical Engineers). I find it
rather interesting that MG should have such a large following over
here in USA, they certainly are a great little car.
Thanks for listening, hope to hear some words of encouragement as I
plunge into this project with my eyes wide open and my teeth gritted.
Cheerio for now.
Stu Farmer. 1979 MGB
            1997 Honda Accord SE
            1988 Ford Escort