Re: MGF Not in America - more info

To: mgs <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>, The Richards <smrm@coastalnet.com>
Subject: Re: MGF Not in America - more info
From: David Knowles <dknowles@uk.b-r.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 14:18:00 -0000
There are lies, damned lies, and  statistics. BL quoted heavy losses on
the MGB - but they never made public the equivalent TR7 costs. According
to my sources, the "costs" used in the equation (and of course we never
actually saw these - only the end result of the calculation) included
the entire cost of running the BL Leonia operation as an overhead.
Whilst it is true that the MGB was using increasingly unique parts, and
the cost of keeping it on sale was increasing, much of the tooling costs
had been written off long ago, and next to the TR7 (which had switched
factories twice in its life!) it was a bargain.