Re: Midget test drive (I hope!)

To: "Mike Lishego" <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>, "MG List" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Midget test drive (I hope!)
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 97 09:44:06 -0500
>Hello,
>       As you know, I'm a college student who needs a way to amuse himself
>when
>not
>working at digging myself out of this work-pit.  So, when I spotted a yellow
>rubber-bumpered midget sitting at a car lot about 25 minutes out of town,
>I got
>ideas of a test-drive.  I won't buy it unless the price is right and I
>have the
>money, but I really want to test drive the baby just to see if it really
>is more
>powerful than a 'B (I doubt it!)
Believe it or not - in stock form the rubber bumpered Midgets will out
perform the same year B. In handling, acceleration and fuel milage. Go
back to the late 70's R&T and look at the comparisons for your self.
Remember you have a 1500 engine vs an 1800 engine in cars where one is
significantly heavier than the other, both with single Z-S carbs. Note
this is for the Rubber bumpered cars Not the chrome bumpered. I suspect
the equation is reversed in the earlier cars 'cuz the Midget had smaller
engines.
>       So, should the guy say "Give me $200 and it's yours", should I look for
>the
>same things that I look for in a 'B?  I know the basics about serious
>rust, no blue
>smoke, tire wear, water in the oil, etc, but is there anything
>Midget-specific?
>Thanks, I could be a new proud Midget owner soon.
Basically the same things. And remeber the death rattle.

>--
>Michael S. Lishego
>St. Andrews Presbyterian College
>Elementary Education Major,