Re: Vernier Calipers

To: JedPiper@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: Vernier Calipers
From: mgbob@juno.com (ROBERT G. HOWARD)
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 1997 18:11:10 EST
Hi Jed,
  These are calipers that are used for measuring.  Vernier refers to the
scale used for the precise part of the measurement. You will also, and
probably more commonly, find Dial Calipers, which are the same basic tool
with a dial scale.  Use these for inside and outside, depth and step
measurements.  Handy tools.
  Harbor Freight has them, prices from about $2 upwards.
Bob