Re: Winter Test

To: "Rick Brown" <mgrick@ptd.net>
Subject: Re: Winter Test
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 97 12:00:16 -0500

>I had the "A" out for a short spin today - hood down - didnt get far
>though as my hands were freezing to the steering wheel. But it felt good
>to get it out for perhaps the last time this year.
>
>Rick

Took the Midget to the Philly Club Meeting last night. Got home from work
Pulled the temporary top (Hard top) off and went for the cruise. The
Triumph club meets at the same place on the same night. When I got there
(with chilled hands) There were about 20 - 30 LBC's
in the lot. All of the MG's with the tops up ;-(. 2 Trumps with top down
and lil' ol' me topless as usual. Going home it was even colder but I
braved it through. Had no choice the soft top is still in need of
replacement and still in the basement. But I loved every minute of the
night cruise!!
While driving I thought about a time about 15 or 16 yrs ago, on our
anniversary, (Dec 6th for those that would like to send MG related gifts)
That the SO (guess I can call her wife since I already said it was our
anniversary) and I went for a cruise up into the Rocky Mtn National Park
for the day. Since it was a Sunday we made the 50 mi cruise up to
Cheyenne, WY for some Champagne that evening. On the way home we got
stopped by a cop for racing (a 260Z - like we were gonna beat him) and
the wife sat in the car. The cop asked if she wanted to sit in the cop
car while he wrote out the ticket to get warm. I said No were were quite
comfy till he pulled us over. ;-)
Just a reminiscence of an OF on a cold winter -topless - cruise.

Larry Macy
78 Midget